Chinese Astrology: Year of the Horse
Star Sign: Sagittarius
New Star Sign: Ophiuchus
Place of Birth: Las Vegas, Nevada
Occupation: Staff Network Engineer & Freelance Photographer
Education: High School Diploma / Some College
I was born and raised in Las Vegas. A Las Vegas Native… the genuine article… likely, however, not the typical result of such an upbringing. No, I don’t live in a hotel… well, no more than any other workaholic lives at work. That would mean… Yes, I used to work a few of the Las Vegas Strip hotel/casinos, even consulted for many of them for a time. I graduated from high school here and have most of my immediate family here.
As far as family goes… I am third of four children. I have an older brother, older and younger sisters. There is a fifteen-year gap between my older brother and me. My older siblings are full-blooded Thai… from my mother’s first marriage. Younger sister is 22 months younger than me and is half & half like me. Lives in Texas with my little nephew. My grandparents on my father’s side passed away and buried Vegas… both are originally from Kentucky. My grandmother on my mother’s side lived her entire life in Thailand.
Due to the lack of creativity at the moment to write in my ‘autobiography’ here is the findings of a personality profiler that seem well describe some characteristics about me (obviously when it says ‘you’ it means me):
- You prefer a warm, friendly environment free of conflict and hostility. In that environment, you prefer reassurance of your involvement and self-worth.
- You tend to be a traditionalist and will enjoy the social environment best if it is stable and predictable. You dislike sudden decisions about where to go or what to do, preferring to think things out first.
- You have a basic need to be supportive of others. You will agree with others, sometimes even if it’s not what you really want.
- Others may perceive you as being undemonstrative and self-controlled. Not wanting to be the center of attention, you generally support others.
- You tend to be loyal to others. Your loyalty shows in a variety of ways including your “staying power” with relationships and activities.
- You show self-control in most things you do; you are not an extremist. Others may see you as stable, mature and steadfast.
- You tend to dislike sudden or abrupt changes. You prefer things the way they are. Your motto might be: “If it’s not broken, don’t fix it.”
- You are a good friend and are always willing to help those you consider to be your friends. You also show strong ties and will be uncomfortable when separated from your friends for an extended period.
- You may demonstrate positive possessiveness by developing strong attachments; however, you will not be overly involved as some others tend to do.
- Sagittarius is the sign of the zodiac mainly concerned with philosophy, higher education, and global thinking. It is ruled by Jupiter, the planet of expansion, benevolence and luck/fortune. Individuals who have a strong Sagittarian influence are typically interested in expanding their horizons through traveling abroad, learning foreign languages, or immersing themselves in unique cultures. These individuals thrive on higher education; once they find a subject(s) they’re passionate about, they will search relentlessly for more answers and more information to build on what they know. They are also fond of ethics, as it appeals to their philosophical nature and is a subject that is so contextually dependent that they’re skilled at being flexible in applying sound philosophical observations to complex situations.
- Because Sagittarius is a mutable sign, they are generally very adaptable philosophically because they seek to understand the world from a higher perspective and are perspicacious in finding higher meanings through their varied encounters. They tend to be optimistic and have a great capacity for faith, as it is this good-natured faith that usually plays into their fortunate endeavors. They are not usually known for their reliability (unless they also have a significant Capricorn influence) because their attentions have a tendency to be scattered.
- Sagittarius is a fire sign, which imparts a fiery enthusiasm that shows through their (blunt) sincerity, honest convictions, and a strong drive for independence. They enjoy adventures and are partial to the great outdoors.